Share your message with the campus community in the SMU Campus Weekly newspaper. Invite students to your events, publish coupons, or just make sure students, faculty and staff members remember your name with an in in these Thursday editions.
Front Page Sponsorship – $950
Full Page – $825
Half Page – $500
Third Page – $350
Quarter Page – $275
Sixth Page – $200
Business Card (Twelfth Page) – $125
Front Page Notes – $115/thousand (full press run required)
Full Color – $295/run over space
Take advantage of multi-run discounts!
Have an event that just can’t wait? Place your ad online with smudailycampus.com and reach readers all week long.
Leaderboard – $340/week or $650/month
Banner (front page only) – $200/week or $400/month
Rectangle (cycles through three spots) – $240/week or $475/month
Skyscraper – $300/week or $600/month
*NEW* Double Skyscraper – $450/week or $900/month
Online prices include full RGB color. Only ten advertisers per spot ensures your ad receives exposure.
We offer discounts for online advertising purchased with print campaigns!
Interested in something a little more focused?
Contact our advertising team, (214) 768-4111, to advertise in one of the special sections SMU Campus Weekly publishes each year. Be sure to get in on affiliated on-campus events!
We proudly offer free design services for ads placed in any Student Media publication (SMU Campus Weekly, smudailycampus.com, SMU Coupon Book, Rotunda yearbook). Design services for other publications – depending on the extent of creative, typographic and design work required – will be quoted and charged separately. All charges will be discussed prior to services rendered.
All ads and photos produced by Student Media Company, Inc. remain its sole property.
When available, clients may reserve guaranteed placement.
15% up charge to space only.
Electronic Artwork Submission
• E-mail ads to email@example.com – Adobe PDF files are preferred.
• Fonts MUST be OUTLINED, ensuring that fonts print properly.
• All images must be embedded within the ad file.
• Full color ads must be designed in a CMYK color space.
• Spot color ads must be saved as 100% black, plus spot color.
• The appropriate Pantone number must accompany the ad.
• B&W images must be a minimum of 200 PPI at final size and CMYK images a minimum of 300 PPI at final size.
• Line art must be 300 PPI minimum. Rasterized text must be 300 PPI.
• DO NOT use art from an internet site – 72 PPI web images print poorly.
• Acceptable software program files:
|Adobe Photoshop, CS5||Adobe Acrobat (Preferred)|
|Adobe Illustrator, CS5||Adobe InDesign, CS5|
• We DO NOT accept ad copy in any Microsoft Office format — this includes Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
• SMU Campus Weekly cannot guarantee that advertising submitted in a non-optimal format or without proper fonts will appear as desired when printed.
• SMU Campus Weekly is not responsible for the quality of ads sent electronically and published in the newspaper.