By Keagan Snively
If you are freaking out about finals starting next Thursday – seriously though, isn’t everyone –, it is important to sit down, calm down and strategize the best way to ace your upcoming exams. The following list can help guide you in this overwhelming process.
1. Create an exam schedule of all days and times of your finals.
2. Create a master plan of what days and times you can study for each exam.
3. Reserve a room in the library for the times on your master plan before they all fill up.
4. Create allotted breaks to do things you enjoy, like scrolling through Facebook or playing a video game. If you are like me, you’ll use that time for a quick power nap.
5. Turn your cell phone off until your study break comes along. The best way to stay focused is by minimizing your distractions.
6. Calm your anxiety by listening to relaxing music and stretching periodically. Go to YouTube and type in ‘study music alpha waves’. It’s nearly three hours long and will get your brain juices flowing.
7. Study your old tests and use the textbook. Often the book will have a summary at the end of each chapter that can be very helpful.
8. If you don’t understand something while you are studying, go see your professor or get a tutor.
9. Get good sleep every night that you can and try to avoid caffeine. Your brain will thank you.
10. Ace your exams, and go enjoy your Christmas break.