By Amy Cooley
The last day of classes means my last top five. It’s been a great semester and Hollywood has provided me with so much news to share. Enjoy these picks to distract yourself a little bit from the stress of finals.
1. Speaking of finals, what is everyone’s favorite way to avoid studying for them? Netflix, of course. Well luckily for all of us, Netflix is adding some great films and TV shows. The list includes “Legally Blond,” “Inglorious Bastards,” and “The Boxtrolls” for all of you who secretly love kids’ movies, and some of everyone’s favorite guilty pleasure shows like “Dance Moms,” “Duck Dynasty,” and “Hoarders.”
2. As college students, most if not all of us are familiar with the dating app Tinder. What you may not know is that some celebrities are actually on it as well. Get ready to swipe right after I read off the list:
Leonardo DiCaprio. who uses the name Leonard as to not be so obvious that it’s him, Katy Perry, Lilly Allen, the sassy British singer, and finally Hillary Duff, only she’s is bringing a little twist.
Duff recently announced that she has been recording all of the Tinder dates she has been on and is planning on using the material to create a reality show focused on that premise, which I think is hilarious. First of all, some guy gets to be lucky enough to go out with everyone’s childhood idol and then gets to be on TV for it too. That’s the dream right there.
3. The biggest award ceremony of the year just happened on April 26. Everyone who is anyone knows what I’m talking about- the Daytime Emmy Awards, obviously! The event was so huge that it was broadcasted on the Pop Network instead of the online streaming it had last year.
Okay you caught me, my intro was riddled with sarcasm. But it has to matter to somebody, so here are the big winners.
There was a tie between “Days of Our Lives” and “The Young and The Restless” for best drama series, “Jeopardy” won best game show, Craig Ferguson won best game show host for “Celebrity Name Game,” Steve Harvey was the winner for best informative talk show, Ellen DeGeneris obviously took the cake for best entertainment talk show, and finally, Betty White received the lifetime achievement award.
4. Maroon 5 started an epidemic when they crashed a wedding for their music video “Sugar.” Now Justin Bieber has joined in on the trend, crashing a high school prom last weekend. I’m not a belieber by any means, but I have to admit that it would be pretty awesome if Justin Bieber showed up at my high school prom.
Students of Chatsworth Charter High School in LA were so excited and had a blast dancing with the singer and taking videos and pictures. He had a great time as well.
Bieber never went to prom, so he took this as an opportunity and made it a memorable evening for both him and the kids at the school. You can see the exchange on Twitter.
5) More Bieber news (sorry), but he will have a role in the upcoming movie “Zoolander 2,” which comes out in February 2016.
A black and white photo was posted with Ben Stiller and Justin Bieber showing off their best blue-steel as the way to announce his part in the film. The character has yet to be described, but I’m sure it will be funny. Rarely does Justin Bieber have an acting job where he doesn’t make fun of himself in a way.
Other big stars in the film include Owen Wilson, Billy Zane, Will Ferrell and Penelope Cruz. It is rumored that Kim and Kanye will have a cameo as well.