You made it! It’s Friday! The end of the week! How many exclamation points will I use in one intro?! You never know! Here are this week’s top stories.
1) As much as I hate to talk about it, I would be lying if I said “Fifty Shades of Grey” didn’t deserve a spot in the top five. The movie broke the record for a Valentine’s Day opening, beating the film “Valentine’s Day” itself, and nearly surpassed the largest February opening of all time which was, ironically, “The Passion of the Christ.”
Some people love the movie, others left it feeling scarred (I have a few friends who could attest to that—right Blair?), but no matter the review, people will continue to see this sexy thriller. Our curiosity is going to make this franchise filthy rich and send its ratings through the roof.
2) Fifty Shades wasn’t the only big thing to happen this Valentine’s Day; everyone’s favorite monster is engaged! No, it’s not the loch ness monster…sorry Nessie. It’s Lady Gaga.
Her fiancé, Taylor Kinney, popped the question on Feb. 14 with a giant, heart-shaped, diamond ring.
“He gave me his heart on Valentine’s Day and I said yes,” the pop star wrote as her caption on Instagram.
3) Following in the sneaky footsteps of Beyonce, Drake released a surprise album titled “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late.” The album has 17 tracks and topped the Billboard 200 upon its release.
Fans freaked out over this (it was all over my twitter feed). I have a feeling this “secret album” thing is going to become the new trend among artists since it’s worked out so well for the last two. Before you know it, every album is going to be a secret album.
4) America has been surveyed and here are the results! Our top ten favorite television shows are surprising to me, but we must love them for a reason.
Coming in at number one is “NCIS” followed by “The Big Bang Theory.” Two shows that I have actually no interest in whatsoever, but hey, I’m just one citizen.
The next three are obvious: “The Walking Dead,” “Scandal” and “Game of Thrones.” Next, “The Good Wife” and “The Blacklist” are tied for number six.
Finally there’s “Modern Family,” “Blue Bloods” and “Criminal Minds” at number ten.
5) You’ve probably seen it on Snapchat, but New York Fashion Week has taken over from February 11 to the 19th. Here, all the rich, beautiful people gather to admire clothes that we all love and wish we could have…but would we ever really wear?
Some popular designers featured this week are Alexander Wang, BCBG, Calvin Klein, Christian Siriano, J. Crew, Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren and many more.