Make the Most of Your Thanksgiving Leftovers
by Alexandra Spitzer, email@example.com
Looking to get rid of all those Thanksgiving leftovers but struggling to finish yet another copious heap of mashed potatoes? These two recipes will do the trick! Both are healthy and easy to make as all required ingredients are already piled up in your fridge.
Mashed Potato Gnocchi
2 cups mashed potatoes
1 cup flour
1 egg white
dash salt (if desired)
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until it forms one large ball of dough. If dough sticks to the bowl, add more flour.
2. Place dough on a well-floured surface and divide into 3 even sections.
3. Roll the 3 sections lengthwise until they’re about ¾” in diameter.
4. Cut sections into bite-sized pieces and press top of each piece with a fork to create ridges.
5. Place in boiling water until gnocchi rises to the top.
6. Serve with your favorite pasta sauce, pesto or topped with any leftover sautéed veggies.
Cranberry Sauce Glaze
1 cup cranberry sauce
1 tbsp white vinegar
1. Add cranberry sauce and vinegar in a large bowl and mix until it becomes a thick paste.
2. Drizzle over leftover turkey, roasted chicken or vegetables for a delicious glaze.
Log in to be able to post comments.