Five Healthiest Holiday Foods
by Alexandra Spitzer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Although most foods during the holiday season tend to lack health value, there are some holiday foods that contain nutrients and health benefits. Make sure to incorporate them into your diet this season and avoid some of that inevitable holiday guilt!
1. Sweet Potatoes have a high amount of potassium, fiber and the antioxidant beta-carotene.
2. Green Beans are a good source of vitamins A, C, and K as well as manganese, dietary fiber, potassium, folate and iron.
3. Cranberries have an antibacterial effect that helps treat urinary tract infections, gum disease, and certain types of ulcers.
4. Lentils contain a high level of fiber that helps reduce choleteral levels and maintain blood sugar.
5. Hot Cocoa has a high amount of antioxidants as well as iron and magnesium.
Log in to be able to post comments.