Five power foods that fuel your body
Alexandra Spitzer / firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Nuts: provide fiber and heart healthy fats to the body and are an excellent source of protein and vitamins.
2. Yogurt: studies show that consuming calcium through dairy products such as yogurt can reduce the fat absorption of other foods, making it harder to gain weight. Just note how much sugar is in your yogurt (Greek brands are always a good option).
3. Spinach: contains a B vitamin called folate that aids with weight loss. Spinach also has various other nutrients known to help fight cancer, prevent Alzheimer's and protect the liver.
4. Strawberries: research shows that a compound found in strawberries helps the body fight against diabetes and nervous system disorders. Strawberries are also an ideal snack as the sweetness of the fruit can trick the taste buds and help curb sugar cravings.
5. Lean protein: Meat, chicken, fish and eggs are just some of the foods included in this category. It is important to include protein in each meal as it helps the body burn fat and feel more satisfied. Protein is an ideal pre-workout snack as it provides energy as well.
Log in to be able to post comments.