Burn off Thanksgiving bloat
Published: Sunday, November 25, 2012
Updated: Sunday, November 25, 2012 19:11
If you are still full from Thanksgiving day, these three workouts are perfect for you.
Alternate these workouts and you will feel like yourself again in no time.
As always, make sure you are getting enough rest and hydrating yourself. Check with your doctor to make sure these exercises are the right ones for you.
Full body torcher:
1. Warm up jog or walk for five minutes
2. 15 bicep curls
3. Jog for two minutes, run for one minute and sprint for 30 seconds
4. 15 tricep dips
5. Repeat step three
6. 15 shoulder presses
7. Repeat step three
8. 15 bicycle crunches
9. Repeat steps one through eight for a total of three rounds.
10. Cool down by walking for five minutes and stretch.
This will leave your muscles shaking. Do this two to three times a week.
Torch your arms, legs and abs:
1. Warm up for five minutes
2. 12 alternating bicep curls*
3. 12 regular squats
4. 12 tricep kick backs
5. 12 alternating front lunges with a bicep curl*
6. 12 regular crunches
7. 12 alternating knee up with a shoulder press*
8. 12 side to side crunches
9. 12 shoulder raises
10. Repeat steps two through nine for a total of three rounds.
*When doing alternating moves, remember that a total of one counts when you have done it for both the right and left sides.
Cardio belly fat torcher:
1. Walk for five minutes
2. Jog for three minutes
3. Run for two minutes
4. Sprint for one minute
5. Walk for two minutes
6. Repeat steps two through five again
7. Jog for four minutes
8. Run for three minutes
9. Sprint for two minutes
10. Walk for one minute
11. Repeat steps seven through 10
12. Run for one minute
13. Sprint for 30 seconds
14. Repeat steps 12 and 13 four times.
15. Cool down for five minutes and stretch.
Do this one to two times a week and your metabolism will shoot up.
Even though you may be feeling hungrier, if you increase your workouts this week. You should not use it as an excuse to eat whatever you want. Make sure you are fueling yourself properly and eating clean.
An example of a clean eating day:
Breakfast: ¼ cup of old fashioned oats, 2 tablespoons of flax seed, ½ cup of almond milk, topped with one tablespoon of almond butter, half a banana and a drizzle of honey.
Midmorning snack: ½ cup of berries.
Lunch: Turkey sandwich in a whole wheat wrap. Swap the mayo for mustard and load it up with spinach and other veggies. Have some carrots and an apple on the side.
Afternoon snack: 15 almonds and low-fat string cheese.
Dinner: Four ounces of protein, such as grilled chicken or fish. On the side have an unlimited amount of green vegetables.
Bedtime snack: A piece of dark chocolate and a mug of decaffeinated hot green tea.
Make a holiday challenge for yourself. You can do it.