The Thanksgiving holiday is behind us, meaning that Christmas is around the corner and the semester is almost over. With the semester coming to a close, it also means that finals week *insert panic* is around the corner as well.
This year, we don’t want you to stress, so here are some tips to better mentally prepare for your finals. *un-insert panic*
1. Plan your attack
– If you don’t already know when your finals are or whats due, plan it out on a calendar so you can better see what you will be going up against.
2. Talk to someone who will really listen
3. Have a clean space
– They say having a clean room can help you study and focus better, plus it will make your parents proud. Save time by using The Washouse Laundry service, they can do all of your laundry at only $1.09 per pound.
4. Refer back to some of your best childhood memories
– Visit the Alamo Drafthouse on December 2 for a trip down memory lane. They’re showing the 1990’s classic Home Alone with all you can eat cheese pizza. Visit here to purchase a ticket.
5. Get out of your room for some fresh air
– If you need to blow off steam or burn some calories after sitting in the library all day, try joining one of these Dallas-held events. Deck The Trails is a fun run through Coppell Nature Park on December 3, and the Mayor’s 5K Race is a run through Dallas on December 10.
– If you don’t like the outdoors or running so much but still want to find a way to be active, try a spin class at ZYN22. They just opened a new location on Park Lane and have plenty of openings in December.
Most importantly, take some deep breaths and know that you can get through it. Christmas joy and holiday cheer will be waiting for you as soon as you walk out of your last exam. Good luck!