Tunes to guide you through elections
Elections don’t have to be boring, and you don’t have to read about it from a boring political blog. We made this playlist to help guide you during this confusing time of politics.
1. Every Breath You Take – The Police
“Every step you take / I’ll be watching you,” say state officials. Fifty Dallas-area people are beingmonitored for Ebola symptoms.
2. Come Clean – Hilary Duff
Gov. Rick Perry urged feds to screen for Ebola and set up quarantine stations at all U.S. entry points.
3. Where is the Love? – The Black Eyed Peas
The U.S. Supreme Court paved the way for same-sex marriage bans to be lifted in five states …
4. When Your Mind’s Made Up – Glen Hansard, Marketa Irglova
… but Ted Cruz called for an amendment to the Constitution to prevent overturning the ban on a state level.
5. We Ready – Archie Eversole
Texas lawmakers will meet this afternoon to examine the state’s public health readiness.
6. Amber – 311
“Amber is the color of your energy.” Developers are making major progress in bolstering energy and water efficiency.
7. She Works Hard For The Money – Donna Summer
Wendy Davis is trailing behind Greg Abbott in fundraising efforts.
8. Refugee – Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Immigrants are finding refuge in El Paso.
9. Mo’ Money Mo’ Problems (feat. Mase & Puff Daddy) – Notorious B.I.G.
All Texas public universities are required this fall to offer students a tuition payment plan that promises a fixed rate.
10. I Would Walk 500 Miles – Kenny And The Scots
Small-town Texans go to great lengths, literally, to find water.