SMU 2017-2018 Student Body Officer election results
UPDATE: April 10 at 5:38 p.m.
Runoff election results were released April 10 in an email to the SMU student body by Senate. David Shirzad will serve as Student Body President and Nathan DeVera will serves as Vice President for the 2017-2018 academic year.
UPDATE: April 9 at 12:35 p.m.
Runoff elections will begin April 9 at midnight through April 10 at 5 p.m. Vote at smu.edu/elections.
ORIGINAL: April 6 at 7:52 p.m.
The SMU Student Body Officer election results were released April 6. There are two categories with runoffs: President, between Will Jones and David Shirzad and Vice President, between Arthur Troy and Nathan Devera. Runoff voting will be April 12 – April 13. Below is the full list of election results.
- Secretary: Davis Wills
- Graduate Affairs Officer: Blake Rainey
- Cox Senators: David Shirzad; Maggie Shmidt; Will Jones; Charles Woodside; Paxton Clark; Phillip Spencer
- Dedman Senators: Arthur Troy; Nancy Gracen Klein; Kelsey Shipman; Hayley Halliburton; Isabelle Carlin
- Lyle Senators: Nathan Devera; Matthew Lucci; Aleena Taufiq; Cory Mitchell
- Meadows Senators: Claire Hermeling; John Bookas
- Pre-major Senators: Christine Hensley; Zach Kosub; Helena Burns
- Simmons Senators: Cayenne Price; Margaret Willbanks
- African American Senator: Cecily Cox
- Asian American Senator: Amanda Oh
- Hispanic American Senator: Victor Hugo Sanchez
- International Senator: Sam Koshy
- Queer Senator: Ray Cipriano
- MILVET Senator: Nicholas Smith
- Athlete Senator: Casey Rose